|Rocky Mountain Wolf...
The Rocky Mountain Wolf Project aims to improve public understanding of gray wolf behavior, ecology, and options for re-establishing the species in Colorado. The benchmark of our success: Wolves again roaming the snow-capped peaks, rim rock canyons, and p ...
Through these nonprofit organizations that are Earth Protect’s resource partners, you can connect to others that share a concern about the environmental issues you care about.
You can easily participate in helping them achieve their missions through their programs, volunteering and making donations. We are proud to introduce you to them and encourage you to learn about them. Get involved, it's your world.
Disclaimer for Nonprofits
Earth Protect does not officially guarantee that any of the nonprofit organizations referenced on the Earth Protect website are suitable for support or engagement. If you desire to support, financially or otherwise, any of the organizations referenced on the Earth Protect web site, it is your responsibility to conduct due diligence and make your own determination as to the suitability of that organization for your support.
Thank you for your interest in and involvement with the Earth Protect community.
Earth Charter International Secretariat and Earth Charter Center of Education for Sustainable Development at UPEACE
Earth Charter International (ECI) is the formal organization that facilitates and catalyses a number of efforts to promote the use of the Earth Charter in different fields and regions of the world. The Earth Charter International Secretariat is located in Costa Rica, at the University for Peace campus, as well as the Earth Charter Center of Education for Sustainable Development at UPEACE. The staff members of this office are also in charge of communicating with ECI affiliates around the world.
1. To raise awareness worldwide of the Earth Charter and its inclusive vision.
2. To promote understanding of the Earth Charter and implementation of its principles by civil society, business, and government.
3. To encourage and support the educational use of the Earth Charter in schools, universities, faith communities, local communities and many other settings.
4. To seek recognition, endorsement and use of the Earth Charter by individuals, organizations and the United Nations, and to promote its use as a ‘soft-law’ document.
- Create and disseminate high quality communications and educational materials to different target groups that will reach millions of people.
- Translate key Earth Charter materials in all major languages of the world.
- Set up Earth Charter websites in all countries in partnership with ECI affiliates.
- Promote the Earth Charter vision in key local, national and international events and engage individuals and organizations in using and incorporating it into their areas of activity.
- Undertake training programmes to facilitate the uptake and application of the Earth Charter in different sectors.